SO, having looked at rhythm and harmony so far this term we ant you to explore using these elements in an original composition. Your task is as follows..
1. Create a new Garageband project “Unit 4 Assessment Task 1”
2. Your composition must have at least:
- A rhythm track (drums and/or percussion)
- A harmony track – guitar/piano/strings etc.
- A bass line
3. Your composition must have TWO clear sections, like a VERSE and CHORUS.
4. Each section will have a different rhythm track (drum groove) to accompany it. You should use drum fills to link sections.
5. You should have two contrasting chord sequences – one for your “verse” and one for your “chorus”.
6. You must use a mixture of block chords and broken chords in your harmony parts.